Tuesday, October 5, 2010

T-Mobile G2 camera software, photo and video samples

T-Mobile G2 camera software, photo and video samples: "

I’m impressed with T-Mobile’s G2 overall; I like the materials, I like the way the keyboard slides out from underneath the screen, I feel pretty good about the QWERTY itself, and I love the software. One of the more pleasant surprizes has been the quality of the 5MP camera, so I thought I should record a simple walk through of the camera software and provide some samples.



I tried to capture a wide variety of lighting and movement. All settings remained on the default for still photos, and they have been scaled down from 2592 X 1936 pixels. The video camera is set to the second highest resolution out of the box for some odd reason. I think most people want to shoot HD as soon as they unbox a phone like this. I switched it to HD for all videos. So be sure to select 720p on the you tube player for all but the software video, which is the first below. I also turned on the LED flash for the video in a pitch black room, which doesn’t require the camera be recording to function. This is nice, because some phone cameras don’t let you use the flash until you’re recording, which often means editing out the beginning of your video where you got the shot situated in the light. Here we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment