Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Keyboard Showdown: Epic, DROID 2, G2

Keyboard Showdown: Epic, DROID 2, G2: "

I happen to be sitting on the current line up of QWERTY-packin’ Android flagships at the moment, and thought now would be a good time to go over those keyboards and consider the pros and cons of each. Which keys feature the best separation? Which sliding mechanism feels the nicest? How about the keys themselves? How do they feel? Below is a video addressing all of these questions.



A great deal of cell satisfaction depends on the user’s preferences, and I think the hardware keyboard is the area where taste is everything. What feels like a dream to some will scream “Cheap and annoying!” to others. So keep that in mind when I diss your life partner’s kay layout.



This one ran a bit long, so I’ll give you a quick breakdown of my rankings below the video. If you want to know why I made these decisions, go ahead and dig in for the full 12 minutes.







My choices, from last place to first place in two categories are:



Sliding Mechanism:



3. Motorola DROID 2

2. Samsung Epic 4G

1. HTC G2



Keyboard:



3. Motorola DROID 2

2. Samsung Epic 4G

1. HTC G2



I need to mention that, if the Epic featured a staggered layout, it would probably win 1st place for keyboard, in my book. I also think that the Lexikon (or whatever it ends up being called) will be a serious competitor in this kind of comparison.





This post shares tags with:



"

No comments:

Post a Comment